Our next #LCPSedChat will be April 9th at 8 pm. Below is the topic and questions we will cover. We hope you can join us.
When: April 9, 2015 at 8pm
Where: Twitter (use Twubs.com or tweetchat.com to follow the conversation more easily)
What: Chat topics & questions will be announced before the chat. Check out these blogs for information: http://1gratefulteacher.blogspot.com/ and http://reynoldsrambles.blogspot.com/
Who: EVERYONE! Looking for LCPS teachers...ALL are welcome!
Topic: Maker Spaces and MakerEd
What is your definition of a Makerspace?
Where do you see the similarities and differences between makerspaces and STEM?
What are things that teachers can do to create mini-makerspaces in their classrooms?
What are some of your favorite activities/tools to use with makerspaces?
What do you see as the biggest challenge to makerspaces in your school?
Who are some makers that others can follow on Twitter/Facebook?
- Sign into either tweetchat.com or twubs.com to follow the conversation. Signin USING your twitter username & password. Type in #lcpsedchat. Now, the sites will automatically put the #lcpsedchat into every tweet for you.
- EVERY tweet must include the #lcpsedchat to be seen by the group.
- Introduce yourself and jump into the chat. Ask questions, answer questions. This chat is for you! Tip: Address someone directly by using their username if you are answering/asking them a question.
- This chat is moderated by @mhaseltine, @jbreynoldsTRT and @mikespeidel. Follow the moderators!
- The chat will be archived when it’s done and the archive will be shared on twitter and the blogs. You can read the entire chat after it’s over, if you want.
- Remember: Chats can move fast. It’s ok! Take a deep breath and get ready!